Friday, December 12, 2008

There's a first time for everything...........

You know, your first steps, first word, first car, first date, first kiss. There's a first time for everything. So here goes......................

My first blog.

Life with the Beaty Bunch is a bit crazy right now. We are nearing the end of what we call "musical season". The Children's Choir will perform "Christmas County Spelling Bee" on Sunday. Will and Lauren both have solos. Matt and Brad will both sing with the preschool choir before the musical. It feels a little strange for ALL of my kids to be on stage this year.

On top of all of the rehearsals and extra work hours for Michael, we have been infected by Strep! Seems when one picks it up everyone has to have their turn. Everyone is well into their antibiotic doses so all should be well for Sunday's performance. Hopefully we are getting this out of the way early in the "sick season".

I feel a bit like a scrooge this year. I haven't even begun decorating the house for Christmas. My Mom always told me the house had to be clean before you could decorate and well, you guessed it, the house is still not clean. Of course, Michael has always wondered why we clean the house just to pull out all of the decorations and mess it up again. Mom says it's because that was one of the few bribes that actually got us to clean up the house.

Mighty Matt had a checkup with his cardiologist, Dr. Tracy, yesterday. He passed with flying colors. We still may need a heart cath down the road, but for now we're just staying the course. What a joy that little guy is! Every night when we put him to bed and ask him the favorite part of his day he always answers "Snuggling you." What a sweetheart!



6 comments:

Julie Simmons said...

woohoo!!!! you're blogging! i predict you'll be addicted in no time! :-) love the "snuggling you" story...didn't know that. :-) see ya Sun, j

Julie Simmons said...

one more thing...you'll love thecutestblogontheblock.com

Melissa said...

Hey Lori. Welcome to blogging. I found your site via Amy's site. It is so much fun to blog. my site is uncommondevotion.blogspot.com
If you don't mind i would like to add you to my list of blogs that i check out regularly. Melissa Saunders Spann

Kim said...

Oh my...I am screaming EXCITED...Lori has a blog....Lori has a blog! Yea! Yea! Yea!

Now I can keep up with the "Beaty Bunch".....I Love the name...so CUTE!

I love that Julie is blogging, I cannot believe how grown up her kids are...geeze louize, that means I am older too :-P.

Happy blogging my friend!

Love you,
Kim

AMY said...

Good to see your family via the world wide web! It is a fun way to keep up with everyone you love but can't get your arms around often enough ;-).

Merry Christmas!

Grannalisa said...

Hey Lori-

I noticed Britni had you listed on her favorite blogs so I thought I would check it out. Have fun blogging!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Stephenville, Texas, United States
I'm a CPA, mom of four, and wife of a music man.